"Welcome to our website. The information you find here will give you a snapshot of how our school is run, a flavour of our ethos and extra links to other relevant sites. We are a happy, thriving village Church of England school and our staff and governors are fully committed to providing an excellent education for all of our pupils. Our children benefit from high quality teaching and a wide range of enrichment opportunities within a vibrant learning environment. Do come and see for yourself. Visits to the school are most welcome and we look forward to hearing from you."
Mrs Kate Carden
"This is an outstanding school. It provides an excellent education in an exciting and stimulating learning environment, which fully reflects its Christian ethos"
Ofsted; October 2007.
Following an interim assessment in March 2011, Ofsted have concluded that our 'Outstanding' status has been sustained.
"...a school which creates an environment where children are valued as individuals and whose talents are given every opportunity to flourish...." "The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Meysey Hampton Primary school as a church school are outstanding."
Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools Report Nov 20th 2012
Please click on the link to read the full report
It is the vision of all staff and governors to provide a happy and effective school where every child is a valued, thinking, active and responsive member of society, whilst developing his/her own talents to the full. We aim to provide our pupils with the highest standards of education in a warm and friendly atmosphere, where parents feel welcome and involved in their child’s education and where each member of staff feels valued and trusted. We work hard to ensure that this is a school that will make our local community proud.
- to create a happy environment in which each child will feel he/she has a place and purpose and will develop a willingness to learn
- to help children understand that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are important values
- to ensure that each child begins to acquire worthwhile attitudes, values and beliefs
- to ensure a command for spoken and written English and in so doing, develop the ability to communicate fluently with other people
- to develop knowledge, understanding and application of mathematics
- to develop and apply the skills of Information Technology
- to awaken scientific curiosity, environmental interest and technical skills
- to encourage appreciation of life through music, drama and creative arts
- to help all children acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use these appropriately
- to develop an awareness and appreciation of our local and national heritage through historical, geographical and religious studies
- to provide involvement in and enjoyment of a range of physical activities