Who are the Governors of Meysey Hampton Church of England Primary School?
At Meysey Hampton School we have 12 governors on our board. Details of our governing body structure can be found here.
All our governors are from the local area and have strong connections to the school.
The main governing body meets twice a term and each member of the committee also sits on a sub-committees that meet termly to discuss their specific areas of interest. These sub-committees are:
Buildings & Premises/Finance Curriculum/SEN Personnel Ethos
The sub-committees then report to the main governing body about what actions they feel should be taken.
All our governors visit the school regularly on an informal basis supporting us in our many activities. The governors also formally visit the school individually once a year.
|Governor Register of Interests||Committees and Register of Attendance||Meet our Governors|
What are the main objectives of the Meysey Hampton Governors?
The role of governor is to:
- Share in the school’s vision and aims for the future
- Support the Headteacher in providing effective learning experiences for the children
- Work with other governors to assist the Headteacher in carrying out statutory duties
- Bring personal experience, skills and expertise and thereby enhance the knowledge of the governing body
- Work in partnership with parents, school staff and members of the community
- Act as an ambassador for the school
- Help ensure the school complies with the requirements of OFSTED
- Assist with the school development planning process and financial management
- Ensure the National Curriculum is implemented
- Ensure that arrangements are made for pupils with special educational needs
- Uphold and develop the school's Christian Foundation
- Agree school policies and ensure they are implemented
- Work with the Headteacher and LA to ensure that all school staff are provided with in-service training to develop the skills and knowledge they need to provide the agreed curriculum
- Provide support and guidance for the Headteacher on all matters relating to the school, premises, finance, grounds, security and health and safety
At Meysey Hampton Church of England Primary School the governors are committed to work alongside the school staff to continue to move the school forward and help to identify areas for further development.
Chair of Governors - Mr Brendan Gleeson
Should you wish to contact a Governor, please do so through the Clerk to Governors in the school office.